RMX 1.63 updater
In order to use the Font Remix Tools with FontLab 5.1, you need to update to version 1.63. This is because RMX has a compiled module that uses the same API as FontLab, which is switching from Rosetta to Carbon. RMX 1.63 uses universal binaries and works with FontLab 5.0 as well as 5.1.
FontLab for Windows is not affected by this change in architecture so this RMX update is not crucial. It is recommended nevertheless since it includes some enhancements and minor bug fixes.
The RMX Scaler now operates with absolute stem weights for input as well as output, replacing the old “keep stroke” value. As a welcome side effect, you can now change the weight of glyphs without scaling them. Old RMX.txt files are converted when opened with RMX 1.63.
Please note that this update does not work with versions older than 1.6.
- RMX checks for updates when the module is loaded
- To trigger the auto-update, simply reset the macro system and run any of the RMX Tools
- The auto-updater only works if RMX is run in FontLab 5.0
- If you disabled the auto-updater during installation this will obviously not work.
- Download the updater
- Drag the file onto the FontLab icon in the dock
- Works with FontLab 5.0 and FontLab 5.1
- The latest version of the installer is compatible with FontLab 5.1