Font Remix Tools 1.6 demo version
This demo version limits the Harmonizer and Tuner to three uses per FontLab session, the other tools restrict the values you can enter in the dialogs. The full version allows unlimited use.
The Font Remix Tools are compatible with both the Macintosh and Windows versions of FontLab Studio 5.0.2 or later. They come with an easy-to-use installer so you do not need any specific knowledge of how to get FontLab macros to work. RMX requires Python 2.3 or 2.4, which is pre-installed on Mac OS and freely available for Windows. You probably need the x86 version, even on 64 bit systems.
What's new in RMX 1.6:
- The RMX Harmonizer has been added to the set of tools.
- Performance improvements thanks to compiled code.
- Preview checkboxes in the Scaler, Monospacer and Slanter allow for real-time preview.
- Smart internal rounding of coordinates and sidebearings leads to better outline quality and consistency.
- Restructured Python code makes dialogs load and respond quicker.
- New installer/uninstaller.
- On the Mac, the dialog boxes “remember” their position.
- The Tuner only has two columns of buttons now; you can get the tenfold modification by shift-clicking the buttons. On Windows you may need to install the Python for Windows extensions to enable this feature.
- Improved handling of the measurement line in the Tuner.
- Improved handling of kerning and composites in Scaler, Monospacer and Slanter.
- Numerous little bug fixes.
Note that these updates are not yet reflected in the videos other than for the Harmonizer and installation.